The fork is the suspension at the front of your motorcycle. If you notice grime or fluid around your forks, it’s likely that the fork seals need to be replaced. This service involves the removal of your front wheel, mudguard, and forks. We will then disassemble and inspect all its parts and replace and repair them where necessary. We recommend a fork service every 6 months if the bike is used frequently. See below for this service.
We aim to make this service as easy as possible. You can either bring your bike or loose suspension to our workshop as we have the facility to accommodate all makes and models both on-road and off-road. For loose suspension please speak to a member of staff and we will arrange a collection. Easy and stress-free.
SW Suspension is the UK’s leading motorcycle suspension specialist. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail to make every service as good as the next. From our road customers wanting comfort and stability to our race customers wanting accuracy and agility.
At SW Suspension we are trained and qualified to service and set up major aftermarket brands i.e. K-Tech, Ohlins, Maxton, WP, Showa, and KYB.
Our services include
- Firstly, we note damping settings, preload and spring rate
- Disassemble the fork cartridge, inner and outer tubes
- Strip and clean the piston assembly in the cartridge
- Large components get cleaned in high pressure hot washer
- Clean the inner and outer tubes thoroughly and inspect for wear/damage
- Polish chrome stanchions to remove any blemishes that could tear a seal
- Re clean the chrome stanchions before assembly
- Seals will be replaced with NOK Seals or SKF if requested
- If the Guide and slide bushes are worn you will be notified before assembly
- Forks will then be assembled using High Performance Motul Factory line oil.
- Please ensure you speak to a member of our team before shipping your suspension and we can advise you on our packaging requirements
- SW Suspension will take care of organising our regular trusted couriers to collect your suspension and deliver safely to us (no need to print a label)
- Once your suspension arrives, we aim to turn them around within 1-2 weeks all year round
- If you are packaging your suspension yourself, please ensure you wrap them securely with plenty of padding and have nothing hanging out or the courier will not collect the parcel
- If you don’t have a box, SW Suspension will provide one for you.