Motorcycle shock absorbers are designed to maintain ride quality and stability. They extend the jerk time interval and slow momentum, as a result, passengers are subjected to less force during the jolt. If you notice unfamiliar movements or sounds, then it could mean you need your shock serviced. We can inspect your shock and service it to improve, upgrade and restore it if necessary. All this is done whilst still providing a high level of performance. See below for this service.
We aim to make this service as easy as we can for the customer. You can either bring your bike or loose suspension to our workshop as we have the facility to accommodate all makes and models on-road and off-road. For loose suspension speak to a member of staff and we will arrange a collection. Easy and stress-free.
SW Suspension is the UK’s leading motorcycle suspension specialist. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail to make every service as good as the next. From our road customers wanting comfort and stability to our race customers wanting accuracy and agility.
At SW Suspension we are trained and qualified to service and set up major aftermarket brands i.e. K-Tech, Ohlins, Maxton, WP, Showa, and KYB.
Our services include
- Firstly, we note damping settings, preload and shock length
- We then remove the spring and ensure it is correct for the rider’s weight and ability
- Strip and clean the piston assembly
- Clean all shock components thoroughly, large components get cleaned in high pressure hot washer
- Polish chrome shaft to remove any blemishes that could tear a seal
- Replace seals, back up ring, Bush in the seal head
- Re clean the chrome shaft before assembling the seal head
- Assemble shock and apply grease/shock fluid where necessary
- Bleed shock by hand or Via vacuum machine using manufactures specific oil
- Finally pressurising the shock with nitrogen to the correct gas pressure
- Please ensure you speak to a member of our team before shipping your suspension and we can advise you on our packaging requirements
- SW Suspension will take care of organising our regular trusted couriers to collect your suspension and deliver safely to us (no need to print a label)
- Once your suspension arrives, we aim to turn them around within 1-2 weeks all year round
- If you are packaging your suspension yourself, please ensure you wrap them securely with plenty of padding and have nothing hanging out or the courier will not collect the parcel
- If you don’t have a box, SW Suspension will provide one for you.