Steering Damper Service
A steering damper is designed to stabilise steering and avoid unwanted/ uncontrolled movements. It is also there to reduce lateral movement, increase the rider’s safety and reduce fatigue. Steering dampers create kinetic energy and thus heat which leads to the thermal breakdown of fluid. Because of this, they require regular servicing. See below for this service.
We aim to make this service as easy as we can for the customer. You can either bring your bike or loose suspension to our workshop as we have the facility to accommodate all makes and models on-road and off-road. For loose suspension speak to a member of staff and we will arrange a collection. Easy and stress-free.
SW Suspension is the UK’s leading motorcycle suspension specialist. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail to make every service as good as the next. From our road customers wanting comfort and stability to our race customers wanting accuracy and agility.
At SW Suspension we are trained and qualified to service and set up major aftermarket brands i.e. K-Tech, Ohlins, Maxton, WP, Showa, and KYB.
Our services include
- Disassemble steering damper
- Check for wear and damage, ensure the shaft is straight.
- Large components get cleaned in high pressure hot washer
- All seals, bushes, piston bands will be replaced
- All steering dampers are bled up on the vacuum machine with manufacturers specific oil
- Please ensure you speak to a member of our team before shipping your suspension and we can advise you on our packaging requirements
- SW Suspension will take care of organising our regular trusted couriers to collect your suspension and deliver safely to us (no need to print a label)
- Once your suspension arrives, we aim to turn them around within 1-2 weeks all year round
- If you are packaging your suspension yourself, please ensure you wrap them securely with plenty of padding and have nothing hanging out or the courier will not collect the parcel
- If you don’t have a box, SW Suspension will provide one for you.